Friday, July 20, 2012

Olympic Fever


On my way home from South Africa, I broke up my trip with a short stop-over in London. (Thank you to my friend Carolyn for being such a lovely host!) While there, I had to check out Olympic Park and let me tell you, the energy around the city and the motivational signage everywhere sure made me excited for July 27!!

View of the grounds

Here is what I'm most looking forward to in the games ahead:

* Women's gymnastics
* Michael Phelps beating all-time Olympic record of most medals won, ever
* Team USA Basketball: Kobe, LeBron, Tyson…enough said
* Watching fellow former-OSRUI camper Garrett Weber-Gale kick ass in the pool
* Witnessing the wonder that is Usain Bolt
* Cheering on Baker and ETHS-alum Andrew Pink on the volleyball court
* Ryan Lochte in a speedo

Despite all the issues and finances surrounding the Olympics, I think it is really something special for the world to come together, compete and develop camaraderie around a common goal. With that said, I just signed up for a 5k…need to get back into that whole "workout thing" now that hiking mountains and canoeing through the rainforest isn't on my daily itinerary…. and what better time than when we can watch lean, mean athletes tear it up in all types of sporting events.


No comments:

Post a Comment