Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Where I Rest My Head: San Juan Del Sur, Nicaragua

Hola from Nicaragua!


One of my wise, well-spoken and well-traveled friends, Tina, gave me some inspiring words before I left on my journey. She told me, "take pictures of all your homes and doorways, everytime they change, you´ll have a diverse montage of where you laid your head to rest and have documentation of where your dreams started to be in Spanglish." With these wise words, thank you Tina, I´ve decided to dedicate a brief entry to each new place I find myself sleeping at night, the places where my dreams stay open and within reach....


Location: San Juan Del Sur, Nicaragua
Accomodation: Park Avenue Villas, private guestroom with bath. This quaint and comfortable hotel is run by a husband and wife team from Texas. Their hospitality transcends among all the guests and staff. When guests aren´t out on an adventure, walking through town or enjoying a nice meal on the beach, they can often be found chatting or enjoying a beverage and the spectacular panaromic view on the communal balcony (see sunset image above). Although geared to anolder adult tourist (most of the young surfers snd travelers are found in hostels around the town center or on the beach) this was a great place to stay and conveniently located in town and blocks from the beach. It´s no wonder my dad continues to call this hotel his home away from home each year.
Length of Stay: 5 relaxing nights

No comments:

Post a Comment