Thursday, January 5, 2012

Namaste Series: flowing over the ocean

My next yoga practice I'd like to include in the namaste series also took place in Belize, but this time over the ocean at a spectacular property, Ak'Bol Yoga Retreat and Eco Resort about a mile north of our hotel on Ambergris Caye near the town of San Pedro. I definitely recommend checking out their website for information on upcoming retreats. My sister and I had seen this beautiful property while taking a water taxi into town and inquired right away about community classes. Luckily for us, they offered a morning class every weekday at 9am so we set out on our last full day in Belize to experience it for ourselves. Although I personally enjoy a little humidity and heat while practicing yoga, I have to admit it was quite breathtaking to practice while listening to the waves softly hit the shore and the breeze blow calmly across the palapa. The picture-perfect weather, combined with an energetic community of yogis and a well-traveled instructor proved to be one of my favorite experiences on this vacation and one of my favorite yoga classes I've ever participated in. Namaste.
Note: the image above is taken from the Ak'Bol website, as we didn't have our camera with us that morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment