Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A beauty girl's guide to packing part 1

For those that know me well, you might agree I am not the most minimalistic person… that and the fact I've been working in the beauty industry in New York City for the last 3 years caused quite a dilemma when deciding to pack for the next 3 months via backpack. Part of my journey is really about discovering a different side of me and in order to do that I really felt it was necessary to create a more simplistic environment. It took some convincing to myself that there were certain "essentials" in my normal routine that I'd have to bid a fond adios to. As an fyi, my normal medicine cabinet may or may not resemble this. It was clearly necessary to cut down to the bare minimum. However, don't you worry my fellow CoverGirl's…a girl could never go without any mascara, so here I present to you my "pared-down, must-have, cosmetic essentials" (that happen to fit nicely in a small LeSportsac case). This should take me from daytime classes to a night on the town, and I promise I won't be wearing makeup while hiking, camping, skiing, etc...
- COVERGIRL NatureLuxe Silk Foundation
- Benefit Boi-ing Concealer
- NARS The Multiple in Laguna
- NARS Blush in Orgasm
- MAC Pigment in Gold Mode
- Tweezers
- Eyelash Curler
- COVERGIRL NatureLuxe Gloss Balm in Marble and Peony
- COVERGIRL LashBlast 24Hour
- COVERGIRL LiquilineBlast in Violet Voltage
- Pencil Sharpener
- Chloe rollerball perfume

I love playing the part of beauty editor if even just for a minute, so to all my fellow PR's, I fully accept samples and would be happy to be added to your distribution list. Kidding of course…stay tuned to later this week when I share my WHOLE backpack's worth of supplies (hopefully I'll be able to fit a few items of clothing in there). Plane takes off in 5 days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment