Friday, March 2, 2012

In Memoriam


I´d like to take a brief break in my normal type of postings to share some thoughts on my Grandmother, Martha Taylor, who recently passed just last night. Martha, or who all referred to as M, fought a strong battle against a disease that ultimately was too powerful against her body. It is that strength that I think about though as I reflect on her life of raising a family of 9 children and countless grand and great-grand children. M was a loving and caring woman who valued family number one. My fondest memories of spending time with her are during christmas eves, many of us there to gather around the large dining room table for a delicious meal. When I was little, my sister and cousin and I would spend time in Decatur during the summer, playing in the river, investigating the house our parents used to call home and trying not to taunt the animals too much. From hearing stories of the past, to helping prepare a salad for lunch, I valued the time I spent with M, because as we know, life is all too short. I also like to think that my love of yoga comes directly through my blood as M was an avid yogi, even teacher, for much of her life. My thoughts and prayers today are with the entire Caulkins/Taylor/Mulligan/Barry family, and although I can´t be there to grieve in person, I know I am in spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment