Saturday, March 3, 2012

Breaking Routines

graduacion de Ecela en Santiago

One reason I had a desire to take a career/life break and travel abroad was that I felt like my life had become too much of a routine, not quite a rut, but things felt very planned, very structured and maybe I kind of freaked out that I wasnt ready to call that my life as I know it.....yet here I am again, having lived in a city for nearly 1 month and feeling sad about moving on to the next phase of my adventure. Old habits die hard and I´ve most certainly developed my own sort of routine here, albeit an awesome one, it still is a routine and I need to break it. I´m not sorry I stayed in Santiago for this amount of time as it was really important to get a good basic grasp on Spanish and it was nice to have a more grounded start to this ambiguous trip. It´s certainly bittersweet to say goodbye to new friends and a comfortable life here, but I know it´s time to move on and I´m really excited for the upcoming itinerary! First, a few weeks in Buenos Aires (via bus through Mendoza) to practice more Spanish and return to a city I loved so much the first time, then on to a Peruvian adventure, followed by beach partying in Brazil and then....it´s still undecided. I think I´ll plan to keep the undecided part open for a while to see if I can truly break my old type-A shell and go where the mood takes me, after all, that´s what backpacking in foreign land seems to be all about. Chao Chile, encontramos otra vez pronto....Ahora vamos a Buenos Aires!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment