Friday, May 11, 2012

A nice reunion and back to Chile



Meeting new people and creating lasting friendships has certainly been one of the highlights of my travels, which is why I was so excited to reunite with a friend I had made during my first days in Santiago, Leah, a fellow New Yorker! Following my trip through Bolivia, which I promise I will write about in another post, I made my way across the border to Chile where we reconnected in the desert town of San Pedro de Atacama. Our super chill backpackers hostel provided the perfect backdrop to a low-key 3 days in the driest desert in the world.

Sandboarding in the desert
Hiking in caves
enjoying a pisco sour at sunset in Valle de Luna

Following San Pedro, we made our way further south in Chile to the coastal town of La Serena. In La Serena we stayed at an awesome B&B/hostal where we made some new friends that took us out on the town. The following day, we did an amazing tour of Isla Damas, an island close to the town where you can see dolphins, penguins and sea lions and relax on the beach, it was beautiful and the sights were amazing!


boarding our boat to Isla Damas

a view of the beach

new friends!

From La Serena, it was only a 6 hour bus ride back to Santiago, where we parted ways for a week before rejoining to spend our final week in Santiago.


No comments:

Post a Comment